As this is a new walk, it will take some time to attract sufficient numbers of walkers to support a dedicated baggage transfer service.
Call 13 10 08 and ask for the local taxi service, or call the direct numbers below.
- Ballarat Taxis 613-5329 0000, for luggage transport to Creswick
- Creswick Taxis ph. 613-5345 2777, for luggage transfer to Daylesford
- Daylesford Taxis ph. 613-5348 1111, for luggage transfer to Hepburn Springs, and from Hepburn Springs to Castlemaine
- Castlemaine Taxis ph. 613-5447 4477, for luggage transfer to Maldon, and back from Maldon to Castlemaine, and to Bendigo
Cost will be around A$40AUD- A$60AUD per transfer for your group.
Please Note: Creswick and Daylesford are small taxi companies and may refer you to another taxi service for assistance.
Alternatively, you may want to consider these options:
- Carry enough in your daypack for the one night in Maldon and leave your luggage at your Castlemaine accommodation (saves two baggage transfers).
- Carry enough in your daypack for the 5 nights between the rest days. Your bar transfer will then be Ballarat, Daylesford, Castlemaine and Bendigo (saves 4 baggage transfers).
- Carry enough to be self-sufficient, without a baggage transfer requirement.
A lightweight 30-litre rucksack would be ideal if you choose to carry your luggage for all or parts of the walk.
- On Day 4 and Day 8 the taxi you use to transfer you to the start of the day’s walk can also take your luggage on to your night’s accommodation.
- Detailed advice on all taxi transfers for both you and your luggage is contained in the guidebook.